Google

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Maple Fest 2007 - Part 1

Well, it's that time of year again. St. Alban's biggest public to-do is the Vermont Maple Festival, celebrating Franklin County's and Vermont's strong maple syrup-making heritage. As far as EMS goes, it mean three days of available overtime, an ambulance ride in the parade, and at least one crew on stand-by at the site during the daytime events.

It all starts tomorrow. Last year was my first and it was pretty cool. I'm told that it was a completely uncharacteristic day, as the weather was sunny and mild. Traditionally it is cool and rainy for the entire three-day weekend. Forecast for the weekend this year: Showers with highs in the 50's all weekend. Let's hope we can squeak out a bit of sunshine here and there.

Of course our job is to be on site to assist with medical emergencies. It is also a great opportunity to familiarize the public with what we do, and I hope to take the initiative tomorrow if I end up there. I likely will. I am working on the primary crew on Sunday, so I know I'll be there that day.

More info on the Maple-Fest can be found at: http://www.vtmaplefestival.org/ Check it out, maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: