Google

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Back at Long Last

It has been way too long since I've written anything here. I guess the reason is that I've been pretty busy at work but have really had nothing worth writing about call-wise. Today is really no exception, though we were extremely busy. This is the first time I've had to sit down for more than a minute or two since my shift started at 08:00. I'm on a "24" today at AmCare, though I signed up for an extra shift tomorrow, and by the time I get off at 17:00 I will have worked a "33".

I am in another slump as far as "good" calls go, having run my ass off today, driving for all the e-calls and riding all the BLS transports. I suppose it's not that bad, though it gets frustrating when just about every crew and squad in the area ran some good ones today. Last time I griped about this I ended up running an extremely messy code. I guess I should have learned the "be careful what you ask for" lesson. Besides, just because I'm driving a call doesn't mean I am not taking part: The way my partners and I generally work, we share the assessment duties, each of us asking questions and trying to form a diagnosis, playing off of each other to better nail down a treatment plan that makes the best sense.

We did have some fun today, and perhaps made a difference. We took part in a "mock-crash" for prom week at the local high school. I'll follow up this post with more about this, along with some pics as soon as I can get a hold of them. I also have some stuff to write about an upcoming trip to Phoenix, Arizona.

Later!

No comments: